Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Return, Regret, Reacclimation...

I got back from my trip to San Diego to see my boyfriend the morning before last. I was gone since the weekend before Thanksgiving, which is why I haven't posted in a while (although, I guess that is not an acceptable excuse since I had my computer out there and access to internet. I was a bit distracted spending time with him though, since we can't see each other much until I move out there).

It's so weird being back. Everyone here kept telling me before I left for my trip that I had to come back, because I'm obviously not moving YET -- still wrapping things up here first -- and I promised everyone "don't worry, I won't be staying out there, I'll be back in two weeks."   Here I am. Back, like I promised... Everyone thought I'd be the one trying to stay out there, I guess. I don't think they counted on the fact that it would be my boyfriend trying to get me to stay, and telling me we can make things work now and don't need to wait the extra month or two.

I had to be the logical one. It was more talking myself into leaving than it was talking him into me leaving, in a way. I already wanted to stay...and with him encouraging me to do so, it was really difficult to say I'd just come back here again to the other coast far FAR away for another few months without each other. But I'm back. Home, like I promised...

And I already regret it.


Photo Credit: LunaDawnImages

No comments:

Post a Comment