Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sometimes My Worst Decisions Are My Best...

Concert rambling after the jump...




I knew for the past month or so that My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult was going to be going on tour with 16 Volt and playing a show along the way at Fallout in Richmond, but since I didn't know how money or my schedule would be, I didn't automatically plan to go.
I ended up completely forgetting about it.

A week ago, I was lamenting the fact that I haven't been to as many industrial shows as I'd like to one of my friends, and he reminded me that this one was coming up and asked me if I was going. I said probably not due to my schedule* but that I would consider it.
 *Read: The concert was on Thursday night. Thursday and Friday I had to work 730 to 530. Doors opened at 9pm, it started at 10, two hours from home. Logic says this is a very bad idea when the next day you will have to work another ten hour shift on your feet.


I had pretty much talked myself out of going, but kept being like "well what if.." and trying to figure out a way to make it work. Long story short, at 5pm on Thursday I decided I was going as long as I could get a ride from my friend (my crippled car would not have made the trip, and I had faith in his ability to drive faster than I typically do).

Work ended and I rushed home to get a shower and get dressed, then drive into Norfolk to his house where we were meeting at 7 to leave. We didn't end up leaving until half an hour later, but it didn't matter because we made the trip with time to spare anyway.

In spite of second-guessing myself so much about whether or not I should go (and KNOWING that it was definitely a bad decision to do something like that when I already had felt sick all week and was going to have work the next day), tagging along was probably the best decision I made all week. The concert was amazing, and I had a great time...met some new people who are awesome, danced a ton, got to spend a few hours with a friend I rarely see anymore... TKK and 16Volt were both amazing, and I'd definitely make plans to see them again if I get the chance. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment