Monday, May 21, 2012

DOB

I just had my first birthday away from "home." It was an adjustment, but not really in a bad way. I felt homesick for my family and friends back in Virginia, but I was able to have a wonderful and relaxing day out here. I Skyped with my family over the weekend as well, and was able to see my parents and pets back in VA.

A new camera is in the mail being shipped as a gift from my boyfriend. A Nikon D3000. Also, we went to see Rammstein in Anaheim on Thursday night--for free.

Image courtesy LunaDawnImages
Because really, who WOULDN'T want to see this?

So on my actual birthday, since I had already celebrated in advance and had a gift on the way, I chose to simply relax. I announced to everyone that starting at midnight I intended to do absolutely nothing I didn't have to for 24 hours. And I did. I played the Sims 3, read part of a book, surfed the web, watched The Fellowship of the Ring and WAY too many episodes of Beavis and Butthead, had a wonderful birthday dinner cooked by my boyfriend, and just generally had a laid-back day.

No comments:

Post a Comment