Monday, November 28, 2011

Whisper in the Ear of a Ghost


-You’re right. I know you’re right. And I know what needs to happen. I’m listening when we talk, really. I’m just not ready yet. Unless something changes, the time for that will come, and relatively soon.

-If any of this matters, you need to show me. Your time is running out. I can’t wait for you forever. Everything has been pushed off for you long enough, and if this doesn’t appear to be a priority, I’ll quickly lose my reasons to hang on.

-You’ve been inspiring me for the past 6 months. Thank you. A lot of the steps I’ve recently made in the right direction are the result of interactions with you.

-That hurts, worse than you can know. There really is no chance anymore, is there?

-I miss getting to see you more often. I know we’re both really busy, but let’s start making more time, ok?

-The hours fly by with you, and are some of the most pleasant ones I spend. I’m glad we’ve been seeing more of each other again. You teach me so much without even realizing it.

-We’ve been through so much. I was thinking about that the other day. It’s unbelievable how much we’ve grown and changed together. Is it as hard for you to remember the beginning as it is for me? We were entirely different. I’m so glad that through all these years we’ve stayed close. 

No comments:

Post a Comment