Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Memento

“At some point, your memories, your stories, your adventures, will be the only things you'll have left.”-Chuck Palahniuk

I wear these things as reminders of all of you.

This bracelet, this ring, this wrist band, this necklace.

These earrings.

Each object, whenever I choose to wear it, reminds me of one of you. For me, jewelry isn't about adding to an outfit, so much as taking those whom I love along with me wherever I go.

Memories are attached to objects; people are attached to memories.

Each piece brings back recollections of when they were received. Circumstances. Locations. Company.

Maybe I am entirely too sentimental.


These happened to be what I was wearing while typing this,
so I thought I might as well capture the moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment