Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Symphony


 When I first began this blog, I had an idea for the name. I attempted to get it out of my head, but it stuck with me no matter how hard I tried to push it away.


Photo: LunaDawnImages

 I gave in and kept it. When asked why, I had an answer ready for my decision. (Post Here) The explanation made sense, and it was 100% true --at least at the time. It was how the idea came to me, as well as the full meaning behind it.

But I couldn't shake the feeling that there was something more to the story that I somehow simply wasn't seeing.

A few nights ago (three years later!) it all finally became clear. Finally... when I wasn't even remotely thinking about it anymore.

The Symphony isn't about the potential for recording a literal representation of the emotions felt by people. The ability may one day be there, and it's a beautiful idea, but that's not what this all boils down to! This is based in a much more personal representation.

This is about everyone's individual contribution to the composition. It's so simple, yet hit me as a profound revelation:
The Heartbeat Symphony is about finding the things in this world that make your heart sing. It's about the moments when you're so full of joy that you can't help but let it overflow and light up the world for those around you as well. 

For me, that primarily means travel. It means finding places that fill me with wonder, that leave me gazing at the world enraptured. That is what gives me the most joy. For you, I'm sure it's something different entirely. In fact, for every single person, it's going to be different. And that is what so special about the symphony.

I can't believe I didn't see it sooner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment