Friday, December 23, 2011

repeat

A recurring theme in my dreams recently has been fairly interesting. The first time it happened it surprised me, but now some variation of this dream has happened countless evenings in a row.

Many details vary by the night; though, each time a few things are the same. It always begins with a sequence of events demonstrating that this place is no good, and that America is not as safe or free as we are led to believe. It becomes increasingly dangerous. I refuse to deal with the current events leading to a further deteriorated state, and begin speaking out. At some point I realize it is no longer safe for me to stay here.

Somehow I manage to get on a plane and leave the country. The details branch out and get fuzzier from there. I'm not sure how I leave ... I just know I decide to defect. As far as I remember, all of the dreams involve a decision to seek asylum in South Africa.

It's just interesting how I've had so many nearly identical dreams recently ..

No comments:

Post a Comment