Sunday, January 8, 2012

January Calm

The challenge I'm giving myself this week is to find peace and contentment. I'm going to make an effort to give myself a little bit of time every day to not worry about anything, to just relax and enjoy the nothingness.

Most other people can probably benefit from this as well, especially after all the rush and bustle of the holidays from Thanksgiving to New Years. All of the company has finally stopped trickling through our house, so my mom and I have spent the past few days rearranging the house back to something resembling how it looked two months ago. Now that that's finished, I think we've deserved to set aside some time for ourselves to simply kick back.

She's spending the next few days reading Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close  by Jonathan Safran Foer. I haven't decided yet if I'll spend my free time reading, or writing, or simply thinking.

But I would like to challenge anyone who reads this, to do the same. This coming week, spend some time for yourself. On yourself. Alone. Seek out solitude and enjoy the calm. You should reemerge feeling very refreshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment